// Tips + Safety //
- When burning your candle for the first time, it is important to allow the candle to burn for at least 3-3.5 hours to insure a full melt pool across the top of the candle. If the first burn only lasts a short while the candle will begin to "tunnel" down the width of the initial burn. "Tunneling" down the center of the container is caused by an improper first burning. By allowing your candle to create its initial full melt pool of wax, the candle will burn perfect 100% of the time and increases the candle's scent throw.
- To prevent your soy candle from producing black soot, always trim your wick to 1/4" before lighting your candle - with the exception of the first burn. Always burn your candle on a level, heat resistant surface. If the wick begins to have a large flame, starts flickering constantly, or if the wick becomes larger than 1/4" extinguish the flame and let cool for 1-2 hours, re-trim wick and re-light. Always keep the wick centered.
- If for some reason you cannot smell the scent of the candle you are burning, leave the room for a few minutes and let your olfactory sense adjust. Our Pure 100% Essential oil formula is not a potent as many other synthetic, toxic scents found in most other candles. Many times the olfactory becomes accustomed to your surroundings and blocks out scents that are in your immediate area. When you return you should be able to smell the fragrance.
- Although Village Common candles are highly fragrant, sometimes the homes we live in have large open spaces that combine many living areas. Some of our fragrances are bolder and will scent an entire home, while others are lighter and have been designed to achieve a soothing ambiance.
- Keep wick trimmed to 1/4" at all times to ensure even burning & to prevent the flame from becoming to large.
- Keep out of reach of children & pets.
- Always burn candles within sight, never leave candles unattended.
- Burn on a stable heat resistant surface.
- Extinguish the flame if it becomes to close to the side of your container.
- Keep away from drafts & vents. Always keep candle away from anything that can catch fire.
- Do not touch or move candle when lit or when wax is melted, concrete container can become hot.
- Never burn candle more than 4 hours.
- Keep wax free of wick trimmings, matches and any other flammable material.
- Burn your soy candle in a well ventilated room.
- Do not burn candle when wax is 1/4" or less from the bottom of the container.
- Extinguish your candle if it smokes or if flame becomes larger than 1". Let candle cool for at least an hour, trim wick and re-light.